Nanomaterials Research Institute
Founded on the base of Liquid Crystals Research Laboratory, regional academic center "Liquid Crystals", academic center "Chemical Physics" by the decision of the Academic Board of Ivanovo State University
Nanomaterials Research Institute hereinafter referred as NRI is a structure branch of Ivanovo State University which organizes and executes fulfillment of research works in the field of nanomaterials. It has been created on the base of Liquid Crystals Research Laboratory in 2008.
The aim of NRI is to conduct research works, works on development and implementation of innovative academic programs and projects on topical issues in the sphere of "Industry of nanosystems and materials" which is the preferred direction of science, techniques and technology development in the Russian Federation.
According to the set aim NRI solves the following issues:
- Development of conceptual frameworks of scientific research in the selected direction, formation of scientific hypotheses;
- Execution of experimental work;
- Approbation and implementation of scientific results;
- Establishment of contacts and development of cooperation with the leading specialists of the corresponding scientific directions, scientific and educational organizations;
- Establishment and development of international scientific contacts;
- Preparation of materials reflecting the results of scientific researches for publication;
- Participation in training of specialists of higher qualification by means of postgraduate and doctorate training programs;
- Participation in training of bachelor and master students, involvement of students, postgraduate and doctorate students and other specialists in scientific researches;
- Scientific consultations.
In order to accomplish the tasks stated above NRI cooperates with other research institutes, enterprises and organizations of different ministries and departments as well as with foreign educational organizations on the base of agreements on scientific cooperation signed on behalf of IvSU.
NRI officers have repeatedly demonstrated the results of their researches during innovation and investment expositions in Ivanovo, Moscow and Brussels. The research results are awarded with diplomas and medals.
Together with Liquid Crystals Society “Commonwealth” NRI publishes the only thematic journal in Russia "Liquid Crystals and their Application"